safeTALK – Weber County
July 17 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$20
safeTALK is a three hour training that focuses on being alert to the warning signs of a person at risk of suicide. Through words and actions, safeTALK-trained helpers can invite help to stay alive. During your training, you will:
- Notice and respond to situations where someone is experiencing suicidal thoughts or ideation
- Recognize invitations for help
- Move beyond the tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid the subject of suicide
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and Keep Safe
- Learn about community resources available to those with thoughts of suicide and how to connect them to these resources.