2019 NUHOPE Walk Updates
Thank you for registering for this year's NUHOPE Suicide Awareness Walk! We have a few brief updates for you about Saturday's Event:
1. New Location: Remember, this year's walk will begin and end at the Ogden Amphitheater near 25th Street and Washington Blvd. We hope our new location will make for a better walk experience for everyone (for instance, you should actually be able to hear the program this year!).
2. Walk Check-In – Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.: We have added an option to pre check-in for the walk (and pick up your t-shirt early). This will be at the Weber-Morgan Health Department (477 23rd Street) on the Friday Night before the walk (September 20th). Come visit us to check in, receive your shirt, and skip the line Saturday morning! If you can't make it Friday night, you can still check in Saturday morning.
3. Dogs and other pets: Unfortunately, the Ogden Amphitheater does not allow pets on its grounds, so pets will not be permitted to attend this year's walk. As always, you are more than welcome to bring your service animals if they do work or perform specific tasks related to a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
4. New Program: With our new location, we have a slightly updated format to our program this year, which we think you'll enjoy! The schedule is as follows:
9:00 – Registration and Booths Open
10:00 – Program (hosted by Bill Allred), Speaker (Casey Scott) and Walk
10:45 – Closing Ceremony, Concert by Alex Boye'
11:30 – Dove Release
5. Dress for the Weather: Be sure to check the weather report before heading out for the walk. It could be a chilly weekend - dress for your comfort!
Also, if you have friends or family who would appreciate the opportunity to join us Saturday, encourage them to join us by sharing our Facebook event!